Thursday, September 08, 2005

Let's all dig deep.

I'm sure all of you are just as shocked and upset by the suffering that Hurricane Katrina has caused. I could go on a rant about what I feel is a total failure of our government to serve and protect the citizens of the stricken area, but I think people will draw their own conclusions about it.

I was on the Red Cross web site making a donation and while it is great that they have raised over 52 million dollars to help the victims of this storm, I was kind of shocked to see that only 371,000 people had donated. I strongly feel that EVERYONE can and should give something- even if it is five or ten bucks. We can all give something, no matter what your own situation is. Please follow one of the links below and make a donation. You can help people in need!

Red Cross

Second Harvest

Habitat for Humanity

Noah's Wish (Don't forget the animals!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E-dawg, well, your comments and the link got me to finally kick down... It's a weird thing to send off money from your computer. Ya read some digits off the card, type in your info and off it goes - who knows what happens to it really. But I guess it's helping someone somewhere supposedly and I feel that I did my part to at least try to help ease a small part of someone's suffering down there.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sad but the only way to truly help is to go there and lend a hand nowadays. I read they turned down red cross aid at the super dome. So even if you try to help with money sometimes you can't trust who you give money to, and if they are trust-worthy, your money usually doesn't go to where it should. It sucks.

Marc

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't despair E-dawg. There are actually a lot more people donating than it might look like through the Red Cross. The company I work for made a massive $100,000 donation, plus my local franchise donated another $5,000. So what looks like only 2 donations actually accounts for a few thousand people, and quite a lot of money. Hey, at least now I feel like the money they're ripping off from me is doing some good!

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, how did that go in as anonymous? Anyway, that last one was me.

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home