Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A Shot a Week...

Production has moved back to a steady crawl. When I'm working a full-time job, I've found I can really only manage to shoot on Sundays. So I complete one shot a week. At that rate I should be done with this film around 2011 or so! It is frustrating to not be able to devote all of my time and energy to my film, but I am strangely energized by the day job. I work with a group of really talented animators, set and puppet builders, and camera operators. Every day I see something that inspires me or gives me new ideas. And working on a show that requires at least 12 seconds of completed animation per animator per day forces you to get better no matter what. It's like animation boot-camp. We are rushed, and we can't take as much care with individual shots as we would like...but the ideas are there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home