Monday, May 30, 2005

Chemical Kid Reborn!

I feel so lucky that the new place I moved into is right down the street from the puppet masters at Screen Novelties. Mark, Seamus and Chris are working on some amazing projects of their own right now, and even with their busy schedules they were generous enough to help me with a new casting of my puppet. I can't say enough good things about these guys- they just "get it".

Here's a few pictures of Mark and Seamus pumping out a batch of foam latex. This is an art in iteself as foam latex is sensitive to atmospheric conditions and can be tricky to mix.


Setting up molds for a couple of their characters....


Shakin' foam base.


Mixing. Yes, it's a lot like cooking.

And here is the result- A nice new casting of The Chemical Kid, complete with the ball and socket armature shown in my earlier post. This batch of foam came out perfect. Nice and flexible as well as durable. My next step is to seam and paint the little guy, and then it's back to the animation with a fresh new character!



Thanks again for all the help Mark, Seamus and Chris- you guys rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home