Friday, September 02, 2005

Rigatoni

The tower sequence is done! Took care of the last little shots and elements that were needed, mainly some more robot shots. Spent some time rigging the robot in a different way than I have before...no wires this time. It's going to mean spending a few hours painting out the supports, but it gave me a solid control system. Now it's time to take everything down and switch over to set building mode. I'm going out monday morning to buy a section of that big cardboard tube that is used to form concrete pillars. That will form the basis for a set I'm calling the "Access Shaft". More to come....


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ethan! Fun blog, your project looks very cool. Tennessee Reid Norton suggested via email that I contact you. I have a tech. question about the Minolta Dimage line of DSLRs, that I understand you use(d) on Moral Orel and Robot Chicken. Here we go- When you capture the low-rez live feed frame into Frame Thief (while also taking the hi-rez), what quality is that low-rez images? Is it good enough to guide you for eyelines, detailed facial expressions, that sort of thing?

I am shopping for this camera (possibly) for my own thesis project when I start grad school (tomorrow), but I am also posting all my findings on a Dimage thread at sma.com, so as to share all my findings with everyone out there.

Any help would be great! You can contact me via my website, or at chriswalsh@rogers.com.

Thanks a lot!
Chris.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ethan! I tried to reply to your email, but it kept bouncing back.

Anyway, thanks so much for the feedback, I am doing KA-RAY_ZEE amounts of research before I buy, and the Dimage is looking like the one for me. I am actually looking at the Z3, which is only 4 mpixels, but more than enough for me...

Thanks again, and I will post your feedback on the Dimage thread at sma.com

Cheers,
Chris.

4:07 PM  
Blogger mefull said...

Ethan,

I really like the robot, cool rig using a rotary table
It looks sweet.

Mark

1:20 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Thanks Mark! That rotary table has been useful for so many things- a great item to have around.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home