Sunday, March 12, 2006

Variety.

This past week was a sanctioned break from Robot Chicken, so I was able to pick up a few days working at other local stopmo studios helping out on a couple of really cool projects. I felt honored to get a call from the guys at Screen Novelties to do a couple of shots on an anti-smoking PSA they are doing for RAT (Reject All Tobacco). It is always a pleasure to work at Screen Novelties! Check out the amazing set, built and lit by Joe Schmidt.




I also had the opportunity to do a few days at Xow! Studios helping out animators Eric Towner and David Candelaria on an in-house music video project. I was shooting some of their characters against green and blue screen for some really interesting composite shots using live-action footage. They were also having a really amazing warehouse set built for the other scenes in the video. I'll see if I can drop by once that is up and lit to take a few more pictures.




On a side note, there have been some new digital still cameras released recently, and I have seen three of them in action.

Screen Novelties is now shooting with the Sony DSC-R1.

Xow! is now shooting with the Olympus Evolt 330.

And I am now shooting with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30.

These cameras all have some small issues, but I've worked with each of them and they all produce very nice final images. I will devote another post to the details....

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley Noble said...

Thanks for posting the cameras in use at studios for stop motion, Ethan.

It's great to see what the pros have selected after what I'm sure was a lot of research.

It gives the rest of us a quicker leg up.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is that puppet made of? She looks like rubber or silicone, but has the texture and smoothness of Super Sculpey. Is this some sort of hybrid polymer? Looks great!Where can I get some?

prammaven@hotmail.com

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home