Sunday, February 05, 2006

Armed and dangerous.

I finished the robotic arm and got it installed on a nice little linear bearing mover with my rotation table on top of it. The arm can reach any part of the set in natural (though mechanical) poses. I don't want to say too much about who or what is attached to the other (off-screen) end of the arm. The pictures below are pretty bad, and the set still is not lit, but it gives an idea of what's going on there.





And this is the Tom Brierton armature that is mostly hidden under the mechanical bits.....




Now for lighting and then on to animation!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is waaaay cool, Ethan. Can't wait to see the shot.

Sincerely,
Dick Kaneshiro

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks very very verrrry good... Hi,my name is tihana, and I found you at one cool web site about animation ofcourse. This may sound a bit strange, but really it is not... I was wondering do you maybe know abot a place (in the US) from where I can order puppet armatures? Im not a mechanist myself, and I wanted to do a off, home production, little film. Please help if you can ;)
my email is tihanaiva@net.hr,
Good luck with your stuff.
ciao

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home