Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Images from the past....

There were four people in attendance at the Robot Chicken wrap party that were fellow crew members on my first stopmo job back in '95. "Bump In The Night" was a Saturday morning kids show that aired on ABC until Disney pulled the plug. Seeing part of the crew together again got me feeling nostalgic, so I pulled out the photo box to see what I could find. This was the pre-digital age, so taking mass amounts of on set photos wasn't as easy or cost-free as it is now. I was disappointed to find I don't really have many pictures from this great time in my life, but here are a few:

Mr. Bumpy, the star of the show. I remember this is one of the first shots I did using wires to fly an object:



The Closet Monster, an amazing life-sized puppet:



Here I am animating a shot with "Destructo" the robot character. Notice the beefy Mitchell rack-over camera:



Here is a shot of the replacement mouths for Destructo- the puppets on this show were top notch!



Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Misha Klein! This was Misha's first job as well!



There were always Polaroid cameras out on the stages for continuity shots, which were often abused for personal use. This one is for any old "Bump" stage crew out there:



Thanks for indulging in my past with me- now it's time to look ahead!

8 Comments:

Blogger Harv said...

Nice picturs E! Thanks for putting those up. So how did you get those puppets to play that tiny drum set?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Tennessee Reid said...

Dude dig the animator cart loaded down with goodies including the RC car hanging from it just ready for some racing at the Food Truck Break Time !!!
The cart must be 7 feet tall!!
Or Louie Visco is just short...

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan, Those sideburns are a fine example of.......California's gold! Love, Huell

12:32 AM  
Blogger Sandra Khoo said...

WAaaaaaa!!!Mr.Bumpy!!!!Love Bump in the Night! Thanx for sharing these gems,Ethan! Hope there'll be more of them to come....^^

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool that show was my childhood I watch this when it was on toon disney I was 6 years old at the time my favorite charcters were Mr.Bumpy Squishiton and Molly the show was so Freakin awesome

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Mr.bumpy squishiton are handsome and Molly is pretty

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the closet Monster was always scary to me when I was a little girl

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did'nt care for destructo I Liked Mr.Bumpy Squishington and Molly were my favorite characters I Love Bump in the NIght

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home