Monday, April 10, 2006

On deck.

I finally got out to the studio this weekend and banged out a couple short shots on my current set up. When I am setting up a shot, I like to get as much of the needed gear up and out of my way- so it is just me and the puppet under the lights, sharing a moment. All my lights are either hung from the ceiling or on stands behind the set, so there is no walking on cords and bumping lights during the shot. Better still- I manage to put the camera on the actual surface of the stage as much as possible, to get the tripod out of my way as well. I find that the less stuff you have to think about avoiding contact with during a shot, the better the animation turns out. Stopmo Feng Shui!



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan, your shots looked great. Thanks for showing me. Is this project done yet?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Thanks Harv, and no smart-ass...it's not done yet! :)

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Ethan,
do you connect the FZ30 to a PC or do you capture the pictures on its card and then import them to the pc?

bernt

2:53 AM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Bernt-

The FZ30 has no remote capture option- so I just shoot to the little SD card and use a card reader to get the frames into the computer.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home