Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Still Boarding!

I've been powering through storyboards for the final sequence of the film. These have been a challenge since it is a big action scene and I really want to nail down screen direction and framing as close as I can to the actual shots. I've learned to embrace my crude drawing style, and concentrate on getting across the main idea of each shot. Photoshop has been a huge time saver- I've been drawing backgrounds separately from the characters in shots with more than one panel. Everything is scanned in and adjusted, and I've even been doing some gray tones and motion blurs to make things read more clearly. I'm about 85% done with the boards! Soon I will be able to cut my animatic and actually watch my film in drawn form.

In the puppet department- Brawl Magnet is foamed up over the legit ball and socket armature. He is awaiting his seaming and paint job. Very exciting!

3 Comments:

Blogger jriggity said...

awesome man!

I was waiting for an update on the foamAGE.

glad to hear of your progress.

keep at it man.

jriggity

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SWEET! I was wondering what to do about how much detail to put in a storyboard... This looks like the way to go. Is that ink on cel acetate?

4:20 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

Pram-

I just draw everything in pencil on paper then scan it, boost the contrast and combine elements in Photoshop.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home