Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Armature setup

I did the armature setup for Brawl Magnet over the weekend. The process involves adding the finger and face control wires and then getting everything centered up in the mold. This seriously tested my patience and made me respect puppet builders even more. The finger wires were easy enough to measure and attach but the brow and lip wires were really tough! Fitting these wires to the mold requires a lot of trial and error. Once I had the face wires in place it was another challenge to get the two halves of the head mold over them. I forgot to take a picture of the full setup but the picture below shows the hands done and all the joints safely wrapped in teflon tape to keep the foam out. The big grey epoxy piece in the chest is part of the breathing mechanism- to push in and out. Should have the foamed up hero puppet soon!


Blogger jriggity said...

Man .......Thats cool!

I know your experiance with the armature placement struggle...We too have some small chars with some small facial controlls.

lookin great man!


10:39 PM  
Blogger Tennessee Reid said...

Hey Ethan,

I decided to skip Vegas and work thru the weekend on my puppet heads so you should have a newly foamed BM by Monday!

That sounds wrong - like you ate something bad...

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home